God wants to give us something, but cannot, because our hands are full – there’s nowhere for Him to put it
READ: Psalm 96
Worship the LORD in the splendour of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth. Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns. ”The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (v.9-10)
"God wants to give us something, but cannot, because our hands are full – there’s nowhere for Him to put it” (Augustine cited by C S Lewis – The Problem of Pain).
Please join with us in praying for:
- The World - The number of confirmed cases is 131,142,993 (4,050,709 – a slight rise). The number of deaths of people with Covid is 2,850,449 up 67,505 – a slight decrease). Brazil and Mexico have seen significant increases in the number of deaths – Brazil is now over 300,000, Mexico 200,000. Italy and France have renewed lockdowns.
- Australia – There have been 29,348 cases in total (up 88 compared with 64 the week before, with 14 being community transmission (+11 last week).
We give thanks that the Queensland ‘outbreak’ was very small and has come to nothing. There are 78 people in hospital (+3) with 2 in ICU (+0). There were 426,930 tests with 0.2% positive. There are 145 active cases (-10).
- Vaccine and Cures – There have been 649 million doses administered worldwide (+108 million). Australia has had over 750,000. The Sinovac vaccine has been causing concern in Hong Kong where 13 people have died after receiving the vaccine. In mainland China – where there have been 100 million doses – there have been no deaths – if you believe the CCP! Chile, Turkey and Pakistan who use the Sinovac have reported that the number of Covid cases have increased rather than declined. There may be other factors for this.
- Church – It was reported that many churches had renewed interest this Easter. Pray that the result of this would lead to many more people becoming believers.
- Personal and Family – There is a great deal of talk in the media about relations between men and women. Pray that Christian couples would be able to exemplify what a Godly (and good) marriage looks like. Pray for those who struggle with this.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts. Worship the LORD in the splendour of his holiness; Tremble before him, all the earth.
Lord, we confess that we so often do not worship you in the splendour of your holiness, help us to do so. May all the nations give you the glory due to your name.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvellous deeds among all peoples. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendour and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary. Amen.