The opportunity now exists for the right person to join the Rhema team and facilitate further growth working under Rhema’s Head of Sponsorship Sales.
Rhema FM is a Christian, not-for-profit media organisation, based in Newcastle, NSW. The station broadcasts contemporary Christian music and content on FM99.7 and on-line platforms.
Sponsorship Sales is a vital part of Rhema 99.7’s ministry. Over the last few years, Rhema has been experiencing an exciting time of growth in Sponsorship Sales as we partner with more and more local businesses to help promote their brands. The opportunity now exists for the right person to join the Rhema team and facilitate further growth working under Rhema’s Head of Sponsorship Sales.
Sponsorship Sales is the process whereby Community Broadcasters are able to attract advertising to their station. The Sponsorship Sales Executive is responsible for the growth and management of sponsorships. They will manage the client engagement and account management process and must be highly organised to coordinate details with other Rhema staff as required – especially Scheduling and
Production. As a client-facing role, it is imperative that the SSE understands the Christian character and values of Rhema and embodies these in their everyday interactions.
- Identify and secure new Sponsors for Rhema 99.7
- Work with Production and Scheduling staff to ensure smooth process of putting ads to air
- Build and nurture positive relationships both internal and external
- Manage and maintain Sponsorship Pipeline and Database using CRM software
- Set and track sales targets
- Involvement in relevant marketing campaigns
- Conduct phone calls, send/receive emails and attend meetings with clients on a regular basis
- Creativity in developing advertising concepts and coordinating ad creation
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
The successful candidate must be able to work in an autonomous manner and be someone who takes the initiative in driving Sponsorship Sales at Rhema 99.7. They will be required to participate in Rhema’s regular team meetings and devotional times. While competency is an essential part of this role, Rhema values character more highly than competency and the successful candidate will first and foremost be of good character.
Applicants should be fully supportive of the Christian mission and ethos of Rhema 99.7 Aspects of the job may alter over time in consultation with the SSE. While not exhaustive, the following list of responsibilities gives an overview of the key aspects of the role:
- Experience in a Sales role (preferably B2B)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and computer skills
- High level negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Able to identify with, and be part of, the local Christian community and understand its culture and needs.
Desirable but not essential:
- An understanding of the broadcasting and the media landscape
- Advertising sales experience
- Experience working in a small non-profit organisation
- Understanding of invoicing and Accounts Receivable processes
Rhema will offer a salary package that will include sales bonuses, car allowance, generous annual leave and superannuation.
Please forward your application, including your resume and details of at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries - Ben Kiujian (02) 49 622 338.
Applications Close – 29th October, 2021