This International Agency is seeking a Senior Account Director (Flexible location within Australia) to lead on an exciting portfolio of clients.
Jersey Road PR exists to help give faith-based organisations a voice and influence through the media.
In national media, the church and Christian organisations are often presented in a
narrow and negative way and we want to help reframe that narrative and share positive, inspiring stories of impact from faith-based organisations - be it businesses, charities or churches. From tackling issues such as climate change and supporting children in poverty, to raising awareness of the issues of mental health and persecuted Christians around the world, we believe these stories from organisations that want to change the world are worth being told - and we’re here to help them do exactly that.
Over the past few years we have experienced significant growth as an agency from
working with global NGOs to ambitious start-ups nationally and internationally. Now more than ever, despite the pandemic, more organisations are wanting to tell their story. In light of this, we are now seeking to grow our friendly, diverse and vibrant team by recruiting a Senior Account Director to lead on an exciting portfolio of clients and help develop the team’s rapid growth.
This role requires a seasoned PR practitioner with solid agency experience, preferably working within the charity sector, as well as extensive experience of leading crisis preparedness projects and delivering crisis response programmes.
You will be an established Senior Account Director or an existing Account Director with at least four years experience operating at this level; accustomed to managing a number of direct reports, you will be adept at guiding and training Account Managers (AM) and Account Executives (AE) within the team.
This is an exciting time to join the agency, this newly recreated role is key to the agency’s future development.
- Senior contact for client accounts
- Manage client service and agency performance
- Oversee PR campaigns/activity from briefing to implementation and delivery
- Manage and counsel AMs and AEs within the team (currently one AM but looking to expand this year)
- Develop a wide network and establish credible contacts with the media and
- Provide strategic delivery and nurture client relationships
- Report to the Directors of the agency on the progress of client accounts, highlighting any potential developments and/or issues.
- Develop and manage the agency’s crisis communications offering
- Be a trusted advisor to clients, adding value to client relationships by providing
- Manage and build excellent client relationships
- Oversee and support the growth and development of relevant AMs and AEs
- Direct the development of the agency’s crisis work, creating best practices relating to client service
- Manage and lead on crisis response teams, providing senior counsel in high stress and sensitive situations
- Facilitate crisis related training for senior client leaders
- Provide recommendations and insight to grow existing clients organically by
proactively identifying new, relevant opportunities
- Provide feedback with existing clients and evaluating current and past projects
- Direct editorial strategy re pitches, press release and additional content for media sellins
- Provide senior counsel regarding the development of PR plans
- Develop relationships with key senior media and sector influencers
Key skills required:
- An enthusiastic team player with leadership and management skills within a PR environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilful delegator coupled with strong supervisory expertise to develop team
- Flair for creativity and adapt at strategic thinking
- A deep understanding of the NGO sector and passion for telling the story of faith-based organisations making a difference in the world
- Exceptional project management skills with an aptitude for detail and organisation
- Maintain composure and bring a sense of calm to highly stressful circumstances
- Agile and responsive, ability to work to quickly to tight deadlines
- Experience exercising discretion and utmost confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Be willing to travel as and when required and on occasion work out of ‘office’ hours
- Attend client or PR related conference, events or opportunities.
- Look for new business opportunities and introduce the Directors to these and Instigate meetings.
Gareth Russell, Managing Director & Co-Founder, Jersey Road PR