Vision Christian Media is looking for a talented and gifted cadet journalist to join their ministry news team.
The position is a newly created role dedicated to producing our national Christian worldview news service.
- Full-time position.
- Springwood Queensland location.
- Immediate start.
- Applications close at midnight Friday, 7 th October 2022.
This is a team member role, working with Australia’s most successful national Christian media ministry. Your mission will be to serve in collaboration and be part of a national news team whose primary purpose is to provide a Christian worldview news service and content to internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a clear Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling offering the opportunity to develop in your gifting in journalism and media news services.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organisation, dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel throughout media to Australia since 1988. While Vision began in community radio and printed publications, and will continue to do so, today we have also incorporated digital, mobile, and video platforms to adjust to changing market needs, to assist in fulfilling our mission as best we can, with God’s guidance.
Across Australia and beyond people tune in and turn to us for encouragement, uplifting music and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, and websites. We also operate a telephone prayer service and online store to help people find and look to God daily.
The role will build on the successful applicant’s core journalism strengths and develop skills to a standard that enables the solo production and presentation of news bulletins, programs and interviews. This one/two-year cadetship program will include being trained and mentored by senior journalists in the various areas of news including the production of radio news bulletins and related content, including writing, reading, recording, editing and handling.
The ideal applicant will have/be:
- Some media experience.
- Some experience or qualifications in broadcast journalism.
- Mature in Christian faith and understanding.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good people skills – able to deal with others and the general public well.
- Good administration skills.
- An ability to work under pressure/within tight deadlines.
- Good computer literacy.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and NewsBoss.
- Journalism tertiary qualification or relevant degree.
- Audio production experience.
- Video production experience.
- Have car license and car and able to travel if required.
- Work full-time with flexibility for a variety of early and late shifts, including rostered weekend work.
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs
How to apply
If this role sounds like you and would like to join our ministry, please email your resume, cover letter and audio examples of your work by midnight Friday 7 th October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position
- Demonstrate you have the skills, experience, and heart to be successful in the role
- Applications without audio will not be considered.
- Only applicants who have the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment
opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified; early applications are encouraged.