Flexible hours 2 to 3 days per work either working from home or based in Melbourne or Sydney offices of SIM Australia.
This position would suit a semi-retired person, able to raise their own financial support, who has a passionate heart for missions and who can effectively secure new supporters for TWR International. We will work with you on the process of self-support and developing a partnership team.
TWR worldwide has and is broadcasting via multiple radio stations; internet and
social media to 300 languages across the world. In 2021 TWR connected with 35
million people who requested counselling, discussion or prayer.
TWR has joined with SIM Australia who will oversee the interview and training of the successful candidate. TWR Australia is undergoing changes and SIM is giving
support and networking assistance.
The mission statement in part states: TWR exists to reach the world for Jesus Christ by mass media so lasting fruit will remain.
WHAT IS INVOLVED
- The primary function of this role is the coordination and communication of the
ministry development in Australia of TWR ministries to our supporters, churches and allied partners.
- Opportunities to reach a wider audience of church, retirees, women’s groups;
young adults, and any passionate group wanting to reach people for Christ via
all forms of Christian media.
- Planning and overseeing events of TWR with churches and foundations –
current and new supporters will be a key focus.
- SIM Australia is overseeing this appointment with TWR where you will have
- Work alongside a dedicated team at SIM Australia plus the TWR team in Singapore.
- Implement strategies, procedures, and programs to achieve TWR objectives. SIM training will greatly assist you in this area.
- Negotiation skills are important
- General administration functions will be essential
- Database and people communication processes frequently required
- Seeking new contacts via Foundations, websites, the wider church circles
across Australia, and other opportunities that arise.
- Report to the Ministry Director of TWR in Singapore
- The role will have a Support Leader from either SIM or TWR
- You will be required to provide monthly Administration/Promotions reports
- A genuine active Christian faith
- Excellent administration, database, and communication skills
- Agreement to the Statement of Faith of SIM Australia and TWR
- To be self-motivated, approachable, friendly, diplomatic and proactive
- Have proven speaking presentation experience and be able to share the
ministry at church services and/or special events around the country
- Have a passionate heart for world missions and the gospel to reach people
- Committed to the core TWR and SIM values and doctrinal position
- Growing and maintain donor relationships, reporting; vision building and
achieving positive results in growing the TWR ministry across Australia.
If this position is of interest to you, please send a covering letter stating the
necessary qualifications and reasons for your interest in this role of Ministry
Development Representative to email@example.com. Your application will also include the names and details of three referees – Pastor, work colleague and close associate.
You will need to secure a Police & Children’s Check and any other government
regulation procedure. SIM Australia will assist you in this process.