Vision Christian Media is looking for an experienced and talented IT Guru. This is an important role dedicated to providing IT development and support to the Ministry.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting in IT.
The position is:
- Based at our Brisbane office in Springwood
- For an immediate start
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organisation established in 1988 and is now reaching around 1 million people a month through radio, web, the Vision app, print and social media.
Vision Christian Media’s ministry services include Vision Christian Radio, Australia’s fastest-growing radio network; Vision National News, providing insightful Christian worldview news and information; Vision Prayerline, a front-line telephone prayer service; and Vision Shop Online, with print, audio and visual content.
Vision Christian Media also produces The Word for Today Australia’s most-read daily devotional, V180 radio and print services for the youth market, and Vision Israel Tours.
For more information, please visit: https://vision.org.au/about-us
As the successful candidate, you will be focused on the future development, customisation and maintenance of the Ministry’s custom support software. Core to this role will be the analysis, development and maintenance of Web and App-based solutions for current platforms and future platforms under the direction of the IT Applications Manager.
Additionally, other responsibilities will include the design, building and maintenance of databases, reports and software as required, all to ensure the seamless operation of our IT software and services.
In short, we are looking for an IT Guru with love for coding and possessing excellent sleuthing skills, a person that enjoys working with other talented and gifted team members and has the heart to work in a Faith based Ministry.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have the following:
- A Degree/Diploma in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in user requirement analysis and definition.
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Developer Associate and Power Platform Solution Architect Expert.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to learn other technologies that may be employed, including cloud olutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Mature, balanced theology and wise, discerning judgment.
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs.
How to apply
This full-time position is based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to share our Vision, please email your resume and cover letter by midnight Sunday 5 th of February 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position and,
- Demonstrate that you have the skills, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
- Only applicants with the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified as such, we encourage early application.