This full time position is located in NSW and requires travel between Sydney, Newcastle, Bathurst and Wollongong.
As Broadcast Technician/Engineer, you will play a key role in:
- Project planning and implementation,
- AM and FM high and low power transmission site installations, repairs, rebuilds and technical support compiling documentation and technical drawings.
About You (Qualification/Knowledge/Experience)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Electronics qualifications and 4 years in practical Radio Frequency experience and analogue electronics,
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills,
- Ability to solve complex and multiple problems on the fly,
- High and lower power FM & AM Transmitter and Transmission systems experience,
- Familiar with and experience in Satellite technology,
- Project Management skills in organising resources, priorities issues and working with minimal supervision,
- Good communication skills and strong attention to technical details,
- Able to maintain a high quality of work, maintain a safe working environment while ensuring safe work practices are maintained whilst maintaining strong teamwork ethos.
Due to the nature of the position there is a strong requirement to travel; along with a willingness to work outside of normal working hours. You will be proactive, great with people and committed to being part of a highly motivated team dedicated to providing trusted Christian media for every Australian.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit charity that has been working hard to bring the good news of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. Under our old name of UCB Australia, we were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian Community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves. And haven’t we grown since then!
Now, we reach 1/3 of Australia, and hundreds of thousands of Aussies across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company, support and biblical perspective. Helping them connect faith to their life. Learn more here
How to apply
Submit your current resume and provide a brief statement (no more than 2 pages) that tells us why you are interested in the role you are applying for.
Provide examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in the role.
Vision is unashamedly Christian and the successful applicant will align to our Mission, Vision, Values and Core beliefs.
This is more than just a job, it is a ministry opportunity.
Submit your application to:
Applications Close: Midnight on 31 December 2020
Early applications are encouraged as the position will be filled when the right candidate has been identified.