Vision are looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring excellence, to join their Broadcast Operations Team.
As a Broadcast Technician/Engineer, you will play a key role in
- Repairs to component level of transmission plant.
- AM and FM high and low power transmission site installations, rebuilds and technical support.
- Compiling documentation and technical drawings.
- Ensuring compliance with industry and organisational requirements.
Do you have?
- An electronics engineering qualification and/or 4 years in practical radio frequency experience and analogue electronics servicing/ repairs to component level, with a sound knowledge of spectrum analyzers, wave form monitors and related tools.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to solve complex and multiple problems on the fly.
- High and lower power FM & AM transmitter and transmission systems experience.
- Practical experience and proficiency in electronic repairs to component level in RF transmission plant, audio and other related radio broadcast systems.
- Familiarity with and experienced in satellite technology.
- Project management skills in resource allocation, priorities issues and working independently.
- Good communication skills and unquestionable attention to technical details.
- A drive for quality workmanship with a strong focus on safety and compliance whilst maintaining a solid teamwork ethos.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a not-for-profit organisation that has been dedicated to bring the Good News of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. We were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves.
Now, we reach 1/3 of Australia, and hundreds of thousands of people across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company and support. We are helping them connect faith to their life’s every day.
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and experienced Broadcast Technician/Engineer to join the Organisation.
Under the supervision of the Broadcast Operations Manager, this role is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and operations of our radio. In addition, core to the role is the ability and willingness to communicate the Organisation’s Mission and Vision with our diverse support base and dedicated stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the organisation and our network there is a requirement to travel; along with a willingness to work outside of normal working hours.
You will be proactive, great with people and committed to being part of a highly motivated team dedicated to providing trusted Christian media for every Australian.
Successful applicants will align to our Mission, Vision and Values. This is more than just a job, it is a calling and ministry opportunity.
How to apply:
Submit your current resume and cover letter / summary to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Please provide a brief statement (no more than 2 pages) that tells us:
- Why you are interested in the role you are applying for.
- Provide examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in the role.
Applications Close: 13 February 2022
- Position will be filled when the right candidate/s has been identified; early applications are encouraged.
- Only applicants with rights to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- A Police check request and Blue Card application eligibility will form part of the recruitment process for this position.