11 Apr 2019
Looking for an experienced TV and content producer to present the Gospel in a modern way
Working with a Team, the successful candidate will be a passionate Videographer and content and concept creator who relishes the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of a production.
The Catholic Guy Television Ministry is looking for an experienced television and content producer. As such you will have a broad experience in various aspects of television and media such as recording, lighting, editing and sound with a proven ability to create compelling studio and location-based television content for The Catholic Guy Ministry and Heart Ministry for Women’s brands that presents the Gospel in a modern and contemporary manner.
The Catholic Guy Television Ministry produces programs that are seen on Networks and channels in over 100 countries a day with content shown on multiple online platforms. Our Mission is to proclaim the Gospel in the world through Television and Live events and not just in the Church.
About the Role
Working with a Team, the successful candidate will be a passionate Videographer and content and concept creator who relishes the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of a production, from setting up the studio for a shoot all the way through to colouring and editing shots together into a final cohesive video. They will be able to articulate an idea and communicate it in a visual form having a strong creative and design sense. Please note you will need to be able to travel from time to time.
To be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your resume and a cover letter (not exceeding 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below. Please include a link to an online portfolio or 2 separate examples of your work with a brief note on what your contributions were to the projects.
• Directing the team in best production practices to achieve the creative brief of each project
• Working with a team to create, develop and execute creative concepts
• Responsible for the operation, troubleshooting and maintaining of any and all lighting, sound, camera and switching equipment in studio and live event contexts
• Editing and post-production of videos including colour grading and audio mastering
• Overall responsibility for media file management including folder structure, naming conventions and backups
• Responsible for the successful delivery of television shows to our distributors
• Responsible for mic setup, sound checks and gain structure
• Control production software for shoots including vision switching and edit notes
• Assist in setup and break down of all AV equipment and sets in studio & on location
• Ownership over the tidiness of the studio and general upkeep of all equipment
• Work delivered to brand guidelines, always protecting and building the TCG brand
Selection Criteria - Required Skills/Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a staff member in an Arts ministry support capacity. Possession of a BA Degree/Advanced Certificates or extensive experience in Television, Film, Video Production or related field is required.
• Adobe Premiere Pro skills a must
• A sound understanding of colour grading through Premiere
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting on location shoots
• Demonstrable camera operating skills including framing and colour matching
• An understanding of lighting principles with a creative ability to produce a well-lit shot
• Strong attention to detail with a passion for ensuring quality standards are met for each shoot
• A well-developed aptitude to understand audio and video signal flow.
Selection Criteria - Preferred Skills/Experience
• Preference is given to candidates with experience in technical A/V operations for live event delivery
• Previous experience with GFX design on Photoshop is looked on favourably
• Experience with After Effects for motion design is highly regarded
Selection Criteria - Personal Attributes
• Technology native capable of adapting to new ways of working
• Creativity – think creatively to deliver content solutions that meet TCG’s organizational needs and briefs.
• Innovative - proactively contribute, add value and innovate across a range of projects.
• Flexibility – adopt a ‘can-do’ work-style, ensuring changing priorities and opportunities can be delivered to.
• Teamwork – ability to work as part of a creative team; but also operate independently to deliver briefs.
• To be a story teller by nature; sharing the right amount of information but can be succinct when required.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply with your CV, Show Reel and Letter of Application please email: Employment@TheCatholicGuy.com
To view the job on SEEK click here